Landon Cohen was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on December 22, 2010 ... Originally drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round of the 2008 draft (216th overall) ...Waived by Detroit (09/04/10) ... Claimed off waivers by Jacksonville (09/05/10) ... Waived by Jacksonville (11/09/10).
2010 (2/1, 1/0 – New England)
- Played in three games for the Patriots, including his first career playoff game vs. N.Y. Jets (1/16). Finished the season with four tackles.
- Made his Patriots debut in a start at nose tackle at Buffalo (12/26), finishing the game with three tackles.
2010 (2/0 - Jacksonville)
- Went to training camp with Detroit but was waived on Sept. 4.
- Claimed off waivers by Jacksonville on Sept. 5.
- Played in two games with the Jaguars and finished with two total tackles.
- Saw action at San Diego (9/19) and at Kansas City (10/24).
2009 (14/4 - Detroit)
- Played in 14 games with four starts and finished the season with 21 tackles.
- Made his first career start at Chicago (10/4).
- Made a career-best five solo tackles at Baltimore (12/13).
2008 (6/0 - Detroit)
- Was designated inactive for the first nine games of the season before playing in six of the final seven games.
- Contributed as a reserve on defense and on special teams.
- Finished with four solo tackles.
- Closed out his four-year career amassing 144 career tackles with 39.5 tackles for a loss.
- Started in 12 games as a senior in 2007 and finished with a career-high 59 tackles in addition to 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
- Started in all 14 games in 2006, including the MAC Championship game and the GMAC Bowl and recorded 40 total tackles.
- Played in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2004.
- Graduated with a degree in criminology.
- Earned all-state, all-area and all-region honors at Spartanburg (S.C.) High school.
- Also a four-year letter winner in track.
- Grew up a fan of the Carolina Panthers with his favorite player being RB Stephen Davis, who graduated from the same high school as Cohen.