Eric Moore was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on December 3, 2010 ... Originally selected by the New York Giants in the sixth round (186th overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft ... Released by the Giants (09/02/06) ... Signed by New Orleans to the practice squad (09/04/06) ... Signed by New Orleans to the active roster (09/28/06) ... Released by New Orleans (11/07/06) ... Signed by St. Louis (11/14/06) ... Released by St. Louis (09/15/07) ...Signed by St. Louis to the practice squad (09/19/07) ... Signed by St. Louis to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (11/15/07) ... Released by St. Louis (09/09/09) ... Signed by Carolina to the practice squad (11/07/09) ... Released by Carolina (09/04/10).
2010 (4/3, 1/1)
- Played in four games with three starts and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, 2.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Played in and started his first career playoff game vs. N.Y. Jets (1/16).
- Was inactive in his first game as a Patriot vs. N.Y. Jets (12/6).
- Played in his first game as a Patriot at Chicago (12/12), sacking Jay Cutler and forcing a fumble that was recovered by Jerod Mayo at the Chicago seven yard line in the second quarter.
- Started his first game as a Patriot vs. Green Bay (12/19) sacking Matt Flynn for a 6-yard loss in the first quarter - the key defensive play as the Patriots held the Packers to a field goal on their game-opening drive (12/19) in a 31-27 win.
- Recorded his first career fumble recovery at Buffalo (12/26) on a Ryan Fitzpatrick fumble forced by Devin McCourty at the New England 37-yard line.
- Forced a Ricky Williams fumble which was recovered by Rob Ninkovich at the New England 41-yard line vs. Miami (1/2), ultimately leading to a Patriots field goal.
2009 (0/0 - Carolina)
- Went to training camp with St. Louis but was released prior to the start of the regular-season.
- He spent the last seven games of the 2009 season on the Carolina practice squad.
2008 (7/0 - St. Louis)
- Played in seven games and was inactive for nine games with the Rams.
- Collected five total tackles and one sack.
2007 (7/1 - St. Louis)
- Played in seven games with one start.
- Finished with nine total tackles, one sack and one pass defensed.
- Was inactive for the first game of the season before being released and signed to the practice squad.
- Re-joined the active roster on Nov. 14.
- Made his first career start vs. Atlanta (12/2).
- Tallied his first career sack at Cincinnati (12/9).
2006 (7/0 - New Orleans/St. Louis)
- Went to training camp with the New York Giants but was released on Sept. 2.
- Was signed to the New Orleans practice squad on Sept. 4 before being signed to the 53-man roster on Sept. 28.
- Played in four games with the Saints and finished with five total tackles before being released on Nov. 7.
- Signed as a free agent by the St. Louis Rams on Nov. 14 and played in three games, finishing with one tackle.
2005 (8/0 - New York Giants)
- Played in the last eight games of the season for the New York Giants after being inactive for the first games.
- Accounted for seven special teams tackles.
- Played in 41 games with 23 starts at Florida State.
- Totaled 82 tackles, 30.5 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
- Was a preseason All-American and All-ACC selection as a senior.
- Born Eric Maurice Moore on February 28, 1981 in Pahokee, Fla.
- Led his school to state finals as a junior, making 123 tackles and 10.0 sacks.
- Majored in studio arts at Florida State.