Originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent (05/01/09)...Waived by Green Bay (07/22/09)...Signed by Detroit (08/06/09)...Waived by Detroit (09/05/09)...Signed by Detroit to the practice squad (09/06/09)...Waived by Detroit (09/26/09)...Signed by San Francisco to the practice squad (10/28/09)...Waived by San Francisco (11/03/09)...Signed by Cincinnati to the practice squad (12/30/09)...Signed by the New York Giants (01/19/10)...Waived by the New York Giants (06/21/10) ... Signed by the Patriots as a free agent (8/2/10) ... Released by the Patriots (9/4/10) ... SIgned to the Patriots practice squad (9/21/10).
2009 (0/0 - Green Bay/Detroit/San Francisco/Cincinnati):
- Was signed by Green Bay as a rookie free agent but was waived in July.
- Spent time on the practice squads of Detroit, San Francisco and Cincinnati.
- A three-time letter winner at Michigan, who appeared on both offense and defense during his career.
- Appeared in 29 games as a tight end during his first two seasons before switching to defensive end midway through the 2008 season in his final three games at Michigan.
- Totaled 41 receptions for 429 yards and three touchdowns.
- Made three tackles on defense.
- Saw action as a true freshman in 2006.
- Born Carson Butler on August 21, 1987 in Detroit, Mich.
- Prepped at Renaissance High School in Detroit, where he was a two-year letterman in football, playing on offense as a tight end and running back and on defense as an outside linebacker.