George Bussey was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round (170th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
- Placed on injured reserve on Sept. 5 and missed his entire rookie campaign.
- Talented walk-on who earned a scholarship and became a mainstay on the offensive line at Louisville.
- Named to the Outland Trophy Watch List prior to his senior season.
- Started games at both tackle and guard during his college career.
- George Bussey was born Oct. 24, 1985 to Ruthie and Carlos Grigsby.
- Starred at Western (Louisville, Ky.) High School where he was a three-year starter on the offensive line.
- Named a Jefferson County All-Star.
- Started two seasons at guard and one at tackle on the varsity level.
- Started all junior varsity games as a freshman.
- Paved the way for a 1,000-yard rusher and one 2,500-yard rusher during his time at Western.
- Voted the team's best offensive lineman during his junior and senior season.
- Majored in communications at Louisville.
- A native of Louisville who turned down some offers to play at lower-level schools and walked-on with the hometown Cardinals. Stepped into the starting lineup as a red-shirt freshman and earned a scholarship.
- An avid cook, Busseey was planning to attend culinary school until his high school coach persuaded him to pursue foobtall at the college level.