Greg and his wife, Tamika, are the proud parents of a son, Gregory ... The family is awaiting the arrival of their second child in the summer of 2009 ... The family also has a dog, Buddy ... Greg attended Rich South High School in Richton Park, Ill. ... Had his high school jersey, number eight, retired in 2004 ... Caught 56 passes for 880 yards and 13 touchdowns during his senior season, which concluded with all-conference, all-area, and all-state honors by the Chicago Tribune ... An avid fan of his hometown Chicago Cubs and has sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at Wrigley Field ... Earned a degree in speech communications from Illinois.
2008 (16/0, 2/0 - Philadelphia): Played in every regular season game as a reserve and finished with 19 catches for 247 yards and a touchdown ... Played in the Eagles' wild card playoff contest and the 2008 NFC Championship Game ... Had five catches for 104 yards and caught a regular season career long 52-yarder in a win against St. Louis (9/7), for his first-career 100-yard performance ... With his 100-yard day against St. Louis (9/7), Lewis, DeSean Jackson, and Hank Baskett combined to make the Eagles the first NFL team with three 100-yard receivers since Kansas City in 2000 ... Snagged a 10-yard touchdown from quarterback Donovan McNabb in the fourth quarter of a win against Cleveland (12/15).
2007 (15/1 - Philadelphia): Had a career high three touchdown receptions in 2007 while catching 13 passes for 265 yards and recording six special teams tackles ... Caught a career-long 50-yard pass at Minnesota (10/28) ... Set a career high in yards (88) and tied a career high with two touchdowns at New England (11/25) ... All four of his receptions against the Patriots were successful 3rd-down conversions ... Hauled in a 9-yard touchdown from quarterback Donovan McNabb in a win at New Orleans (12/23).
2006 (16/3, 2/0 - Philadelphia): Posted 24 catches for 348 yards and two touchdowns ... 20 of his 24 receptions (83.3 percent) resulted in a first down, the highest percentage on the team, and 13 of those occurred on third down ... Caught a career-high two touchdown passes, (45 yards and 30 yards), to go along with a career-high 75 yards against Green Bay (10/2) ... Had a season-high four receptions while getting the start in the regular-season finale against Atlanta (12/31) ... Did not record a catch in the playoffs.
2005 (16/16 - Philadelphia): Started all 16 games and set career highs in receptions (48) and receiving yards (561), along with one touchdown ... Tied a career high with six catches against Oakland (9/25) and also set a season high with 70 receiving yards against the Raiders ... Caught a 6-yard touchdown pass from Donovan McNabb for his first career regular season touchdown against San Francisco (9/18).
2004 (16/3, 3/1 - Philadelphia): Posted a career high in special teams tackles (15) while also grabbing 17 passes for 183 yards ... In the playoffs, had eight receptions for 182 yards (22.8 avg.) and a touchdown while also making two special teams stops ... Hauled in his first career touchdown, a 30-yard strike from Donovan McNabb, late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX against New England (2/6/05) ... Had two catches for 65 yards in the NFC Championship game against Atlanta (1/23/05), including a 45-yard bomb from McNabb ... Also took a pitch from McNabb and raced 10 yards for a first down ... Made two catches for 64 yards, including a 52-yard strike from McNabb, in the NFC Divisional Playoff against Minnesota (1/16/05) ... Recorded his first rushing attempt on a double-reverse for 11 yards and a first down at Chicago (10/3).
2003 (11/0, 2/0 - Philadelphia): Made 11 special teams tackles in 11 games during his rookie season ... Played in the final 11 games after being inactive for the first five contests ... Made his NFL debut against the N.Y. Giants (10/19) ... Caught his first career pass, an 18-yarder, at Atlanta (11/2) ... Participated in both of the Eagles' playoff games.
- Greg enjoys playing chess and was a member of his high school chess team.
- Greg grew up as an avid Chicago Cubs fan and has thrown out the first pitch at Wrigley Field and has sung "Take Me Out to The Ballgame" at a Cubs game.
A former walk-on at Illinois, he finished his career with 103 receptions, to rank 10th on Illinois all-time list, 1,456 receiving yards (8th) and 12 touchdowns ... Served as the Illini's third receiver as a senior and finished the 2002 season ranked third on the team with 38 receptions for 538 yards and four touchdowns ... With no scholarship offers, decided to walk on at Illinois because his cousin, Walter Young, was there ... Quit football as a walk-on freshman at Illinois, but was encouraged to return by his roommates, Aaron Moorehead and Walter Young, the next year.
GP/GS (Playoffs): 90/23 (9/1)
- Lewis joins the Patriots in 2009 as a veteran of six NFL seasons, all with the Philadelphia Eagles (2003-08).
- Lewis enters 2009 having played in 90 career games with 23 starts and has recorded 127 receptions for 1,699 yards (13.4 avg.) and seven touchdowns while also recording 41 special teams tackles.
- Lewis had his first career 100-yard receiving game (five catches for 104 yards) in the 2008 regular-season opener against St. Louis.
- Lewis had a career high three touchdown receptions in 2007 while catching 13 passes for 265 yards. On Nov. 25, 2007 against the Patriots, Lewis caught a career-high two touchdown passes while recording a then-career best 88 receiving yards on four catches (all third-down conversions).
- In 2006, Lewis played in all 16 regular-season games with three starts and grabbed 24 passes for 348 yards and two touchdowns.
- In 2005, Lewis started every game for the Eagles and set career highs in receptions (48) and receiving yards (561). His 48 catches ranked third on the team in 2005.
- In 2004, Lewis played in all 16 regular-season games and recorded a career-high 15 special teams tackles while catching 17 passes for 183 yards.
- Lewis emerged as a key contributor in the 2004 playoffs as the Eagles advanced to Super Bowl XXXIX against the Patriots, leading the team with 182 playoff receiving yards while catching eight passes. In the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX, he scored his first career touchdown, a 30-yard scoring pass from Donovan McNabb to cut the Patriots' lead to 24-21.
- As a rookie in 2003, Lewis played in 11 games and made 11 special teams tackles in addition to six receptions for 95 yards.
Greg Lewis was acquired by the Patriots from the Philadelphia Eagles on March 5, 2009 along with a seventh-round selection in exchange for a fifth-round selection in the 2009 NFL Draft (159th overall) ... Originally signed by the Eagles as a rookie free agent in the spring of 2003.