Chevis Jackson was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on December 10, 2010 ... Originally drafted by Atlanta in the third round (68th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft ... Waived by Atlanta (09/04/10) ... Signed by Jacksonville as a free agent (10/18/10) ... Waived by Jacksonville (11/17/10).
2010 (2/0 - Jacksonville):
- Went to training camp with Atlanta but was waived on Sept. 4 prior to the start of the regular-season.
- Signed with Jacksonville on Oct. 18 and played in two games for the Jaguars: at Kansas City (10/24) and at Dallas (10/31).
- Was inactive for three games with the Jaguars.
2009 (15/2 - Atlanta):
- Played in 15 games with two starting assignments.
- Finished the season with 31 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two passes defensed.
- Registered four tackles and his first career sack vs. Washington (11/8).
- Collared three tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery vs. Tampa Bay (12/20).
- Tallied six tackles at the New York Jets (12/20).
2008 (16/1, 1/1 - Atlanta):
- Played in 16 games with one start as a rookie.
- Finished with 33 total tackles, one interception that he returned for a touchdown and five passes defensed.
- His first career interception was returned 95 yards for a touchdown vs. New Orleans (11/9), marking the second-longest interception return in Atlanta history.
- Earned a start in the secondary in the Wild Card game at Arizona (1/3/09) and posted two tackles, one pass defensed and an interception.
- Highly regard as a shutdown cornerback at LSU as the Tigers ranked third in the nation in total defense in each of his three seasons.
- Compiled 142 tackles (103 solo), eight interceptions and 36 passed defensed in his LSU career.
- Had a career-high of five interceptions in 2007.
- Attended St. Paul's Episcopal High School in Mobile, Alabama where he was regarded as one of the most versatile athletes in the state as a cornerback and wide receiver while also being utilized as a returner.
- Registered 40 tackles and seven interceptions as a senior.
- Majored in Sociology.
- Born Chevis Dauro Jackson on December 11, 1985.