Terrence Wheatley was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (62nd overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft ... Signed by the Patriots (7/22/08) ... Placed on injured reserve with a wrist injury (11/17/08).
GP/GS (Playoffs): 11/1 (0/0)
- Was inactive for the first four games of the season due to injury.
2009 (5/0, 0/0)
- Played in five games and finished the season with two defensive tackles and three special teams tackles.
- Listed as a day-of-game inactive for 11 games.
- Saw his first action of the season vs. Atlanta (9/27), playing as a reserve at cornerback and on special teams coverage and return units in the Patriots' 26-10 victory. Tallied two solo tackles and one special teams tackle.
- Saw action in four straight games from the game vs. Miami (11/8) through the game at New Orleans (11/30).
- Was inactive for the postseason game vs. Baltimore (1/10).
- Played in six of the first eight games of the season before suffering a season-ending wrist injury in his first career start at Indianapolis (11/2).
- Placed on injured reserve with a wrist injury (11/17).
- Made his NFL debut against Kansas City (9/7).
- Made his first NFL start at cornerback against Indianapolis (11/2) and registered two passes defensed.
- Wheatley's 1,350 yards on kickoff returns rank second Colorado history.
- His five interceptions in 2006 ranked fifth on the school's single-season record list.
- In 2006 and 2007 was tabbed as a first-team All-Big 12 performer by the Associated Press and the league's coaches.
- Also selected by the coaches as an honorable mention pick at kick returner in 2007.
- Had 42 (32 solo) tackles in 2007 and made five interceptions.
- In 2006, had 58 tackles (43 solos) with 1.5 sacks.
- Was granted a medical hardship for the 2005 season.
- Played in every game in 2004, recording 37 tackles (31 solos) and finishing second on the team with four interceptions for 63 yards (15.8 avg) and a touchdown.
- Appeared in 12 games on special teams and in six contests on defense in 2003, starting at cornerback in two games.
- Terrence Wheatley was born May 5, 1985 in Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Attended Plano (Texas) East High School.
- During his final campaign, Wheatley recorded 82 tackles (three for loss), along with five interceptions, nine pass deflections, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Was the Texas Relay champion in the triple jump (48-5) his junior year, and he won district championships in the 100, long jump and triple jump.
- Was an honor roll student.
- His father, Randolph, ran track at Arizona State.
- Served as an honorary coach in the 2008 BELL Bowl, a fundraiser at Gillette Stadium to benefit the BELL Foundation.
- Played both the saxophone and trumpet as a youth.
- Was an economics major with a minor in business at Colorado.
- Terrence has always had an interest in meteorology and took classes in the field while at the University of Colorado. He also visited the Blue Hill Observatory in Milton, Mass. to learn about the history of the weather station there for a segment on "Patriots All Access.