Rashad Moore was signed by the Patriots as a free agent on June 8, 2007 ... Originally drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the sixth round (183rd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft ... Released by the Seahawks (9/4/05) ... Signed by the Oakland Raiders (3/28/06) ... Released by the Raiders (9/2/06) ... Claimed off waivers by the New York Jets (9/3/06).
Career GP/GS (Playoffs): 43/18 (3/1)
- Moore has played in 43 career games with 18 starts, posting 87 tackles (60 solo), 3.0 sacks, two passes defensed, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries.
- In 2004, Moore started 12 of 16 games for Seattle and tallied a career-high 46 tackles (32 solo), and had two sacks, two passes defensed and three fumble recoveries.
- As a rookie in 2003, Moore played in 13 games with six starts for the Seahawks and totaled 30 tackles (20 solo), including one sack and a fumble recovery.
2007 (1/0/1/0): Signed as a free agent on June 8, 2007... Released on Sept. 1, 2007... Re-signed on Dec. 19, 2007.
Miami (12/23): Saw his first action of the 2007 season in a reserve role at defensive tackle in the Patriots' 28-7 win over the Dolphins... Tallied two tackles and a quarterback hit. at N.Y. Giants (12/29): Suited up but did not play.
2007 Postseason (2/0/0/1): Jacksonville (1/12): Inactive. San Diego (1/20): Played in reserve at defensive tackle in the Patriots' 21-12 win over the Chargers in the AFC Championship Game. N.Y. Giants (2/3): Played in reserve at nose tackle in Super Bowl XLII... Registered one quarterback hit.
2006 (13/0, 1/0 - N.Y. Jets): Played in 13 games for the Jets as a reserve defensive lineman, totaling 11 tackles (8 solo) and one forced fumble ... Claimed off waivers by the Jets from the Oakland Raiders following training camp (9/3).
- Recorded the first forced fumble of his career along with two tackles against Miami (10/15).
- Recorded a solo tackle while playing as a reserve defensive lineman in the Jets' wild card playoff loss to the Patriots (1/7/07).
2005 (0/0 - Seattle): Spent the season out of football after being released by Seattle following training camp (9/4).
2004 (16/12, 1/0 - Seattle): Played in all 16 games with 12 starts at right defensive tackle for the Seahawks
- Posted career highs with 45 tackles (32 solo), 2.0 sacks and three fumble recoveries ... Finished the game with four or more tackles on seven occasions and exceeded the five-tackle mark three times.
- Tallied a career-high seven tackles (5 solo) against New Orleans in the season opener (9/12).
- Posted his first sack of the season as part of a fourtackle effort against San Francisco (11/7).
- Had five tackles and his second sack of the year against Dallas (12/6).
2003 (14/6, 1/1 - Seattle): Made six starts in 14 games and totaled 30 tackles, one sack and a fumble recovery ... Had four games with four tackles ... Split time with John Randle as a defensive tackle ... Was effective in helping stop the run, as the Seahawks defense allowed just four 100-yard rushers after allowing 10 100-yard rushers the previous season.
- Posted his first career sack against Cincinnati (10/26).
- Recorded three tackles (1 solo) as a starter in the Seahawks' wild card game at Green Bay (1/4).
Recorded 95 tackles (61 solo), 3.5 sacks, nine stops behind the line of scrimmage, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and five pass defl ections in his career at the University of Tennessee ... Was an All-SEC honorable mention selection by the Associated Press as a senior after recording a careerhigh 41 tackles (8 solo) with two sacks for minus 26 yards and four stops for losses of 31 yards ... Also had a forced fumble and three fumble recoveries ... As a junior, played in every game, starting four and finishing with 28 tackles (13 solo), an interception, three passes defensed and seven quarterback pressures ... Appeared in seven games as a defensive tackle as a sophomore, recording 22 tackles (17 solo) with 1.5 sacks for 21 yards and five stops for losses of 29 yards ... As a freshman, collected four tackles in limited action.
Glenn Rashad Moore was born on March 16, 1979 ... As a senior at Johnson High School in Huntsville, Ala., he recorded 65 tackles, 10.5 sacks and three fumble recoveries, returning one for a touchdown ... Played just two seasons, starting at tight end and defensive tackle ... Was All-Metro and All-Area in basketball ... Majored in Psychology at Tennessee.
While at the University of Tennessee in 2001, Rashad was on the same team as current Patriots teammates Donté Stallworth, Kelley Washington and Rashad Baker.